Monday, August 15, 2011

Out of the mouth of babes

This one takes me back to when my daughter was about 3 or 4. She's 12 now. I just happened to be in an AOL chat room and ran across someone I had went to high school with. We chatted online for a while before deciding to meet up. He said he had gained a few pounds since high school. Whatever. I had a kid, so I had gained some weight myself. We met up at a local park. A few pounds was a huge understatement! He weighed at least 400lbs I could have just drove off and never looked back but, I did the right thing. We chatted at the park for a while before heading to a bonfire of another classmate. I had already agreed to go to the bonfire, so again, I didn't want to be rude and back out. He then informs me that he can't drive and would need a ride. Oh brother.


I call for my daughter and we all head to my car. As I am buckling my daughter into her car seat he gets in the front passenger side of my car. The whole car shifts to the the one side. All of the sudden, my wonderful daughter says, "You're too fat to sit in my moms car!" I wanted to die, yet was trying not to laugh at the same time. I calmly told her that it wasn't nice to say things like that.


We continued on to the bonfire but I ended up leaving fairly early since I had my daughter. Even after my daughter said what she said, and me showing no interest in another date he still continued to message me about wanting to go out again. I ended up just blocking him. Blocking him was easier then telling him the truth.


By the way, that was the first, and the last time, I ever had my daughter with me when I met someone. I don't suggest it. Besides, you never know what they will do or say to embarrass you!

No comments:

Post a Comment